The ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, high-fat way of eating that is similar to low-carb diets. It requires significant reduction in carbohydrates in you diet and replaces these calories with fat. The decrease in carb intake puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis. Your body then becomes very efficient at burning fat for energy.
Guidelines for your keto weekly meal plan
- Include healthy fats, lots of protein, and minimal carbohydrates
- Plan out a 7 day keto meal plan (at least) before you jump in
- Focus on flavor! Make sure you’re enjoying your meals to ward off monotony.
- Make sure you’ve got snacks handy, whether they’re store-bought or homemade. (Check out the chocolate-covered cherries below.)
Our 1200 calorie keto meal plan is so satisfying you may not even feel like you’re trying to lose weight! As you’ll see when making and enjoying these recipes, the portions are generous and it’s difficult to reach 1200 calories without having some extra dessert.
A Note About Sustainable Weight Loss
A ketogenic diet for weight loss is a helpful tool – but it’s not complete. These simple recipes can get you started, but for a holistic approach to weight loss, check out Noom. We offer community support, expert coaching, and endless recipe ideas to help you lose weight sustainably. But enough about us – let’s get to the keto meal plan!
Breakfast: Ketogenic Classic Bacon and Eggs
Servings: 1, Serving Size: 1, Calories: 272, Total Fat: 22 g, Net Carbs: 1 g, Protein: 15 g
A new spin on an old classic, these eggs and bacon are complemented by grape tomatoes and fresh basil so you can incorporate a little extra flavor and nutrients into your diet. Enjoy it any day of the week as a breakfast staple. This recipe serves one person and can be eaten frequently as part of your ketogenic weekly diet plan.
- 2 eggs
- 1-¼ oz. bacon
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil or a couple shakes of dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Fry the bacon on medium heat until crispy. Plate the bacon and set aside. Keep the bacon grease in the pan.
- Set the temperature back to medium. Crack both eggs into the bacon-greased pan or into a bowl or measuring cup first to prevent grease splatter.
- Lightly salt and pepper the eggs.
- Cook the eggs to your liking. For sunny-side-up, cover the pan while they cook on one side until the top is cooked. For over-easy, flip the eggs after 2-3 minutes and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Cut each cherry tomato in half and add to the pan. Lightly salt and pepper the tomatoes and the flipped side of the eggs if needed.
- Carefully transfer the cooked eggs and then the cherry tomatoes onto the plate with the bacon.
- Garnish with a bit of fresh basil or any leafy green you find complementary.
- Serve and enjoy!
Lunch: Ketogenic Cobb Egg Salad
Servings: 6, Serving Size: ⅙ of total dish, Calories: 315, Total Fat: 22 g, Net Carbs: 12 g, Protein 18 g
This ketogenic weight loss cobb egg salad recipe is so good and filling you won’t believe you’re eating something that qualifies as ‘diet’ food. As a meal, this recipe serves up to six people and contains only 315 calories per serving, but it can easily be made for snacking during weekly meal prep with the portions broken down even further and served with celery or another keto-friendly dipping ingredient.
- 1-½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, each cut into eighths
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked and then crumbled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Mix together mayonnaise, yogurt, and red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together eggs, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, and cherry tomatoes. Gently toss the salad ingredients with the mayonnaise and yogurt dressing until lightly coated. There may be some dressing left over. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chives and avocado slices.
- Serve and enjoy!
Snack: Vegan Keto Chocolate Covered Cherries
Servings: 12, Serving Size: 1, Calories: 67, Total Fat: 6 g, Net Carbs: 2 g, Protein: 0 g
These chocolate covered cherry treats are a great snack to make ahead of time and pop in your mouth between meals. They have no animal derived ingredients and are great for those following a vegan ketogenic diet as well. The best part about this healthy little snack? There are only 67 calories in each serving and they are basically dessert!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 5 drops of stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed
- Prepare a mini cupcake tray with liners
- Combine all ingredients except for the dark cherries.
- Mash the dark cherries with a fork once they have thawed. Add the mashed cherries and the juices to the chocolate batter.
- Add one tablespoonful of batter to each mini pre-prepped cupcake liner.
- Place the cupcake tray in the freezer.
- Enjoy frozen or refrigerated.
Dinner: Ketogenic Chicken Enchilada Soup
Servings: 4, Serving Size: 2 cups, Calories: 300, Total Fat: 11 g, Net Carbs: 9, Protein: 33 g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 29 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- Pour olive oil into an Instant Pot and set to saute. Add in the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes until soft. You can also follow the same instructions in a regular pot on medium heat on the stove.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, vinegar, chipotle chili, and spices. Pour into the pot.
- Add in the broth and chicken and stir. Put the Instant Pot lid on and set to Manual on high pressure for 20 minutes. At the end of 20 minutes, release the vent valve. If using a regular pot, cook for 35 minutes on low or until chicken is tender but not dry.
- Remove the chicken and shred it using two forks. Add the chicken back to the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve in bowls and add toppings as desired.
This daylong ketogenic weight loss recipe meal plan allows for a little extra snack or dinner portion. You can have either 1-4 chocolate covered cherries or up to a whole extra portion of Ketogenic Chicken Enchilada Soup and you’ll still be safely within your 1200 calorie limit.
Check out Noom today for more meal plans and how to lose weight, for good, without dieting and counting calories. Get started now with a free 30-second survey!