Motivation isn’t constant and your best defense against these motivational dips is an SOS plan. Your motivation SOS plan is another tool for long-term success!
Creating Your SOS Plan
During Day 2 of your program, you’re asked to create your own SOS plan that will help you get back on track if your app usage slows down a bit, whether that’s due to not completing any of your daily lessons, not logging any meals for the day, or not opening the Noom app. When this happens, you have the option for Noom to send you a text message or email.
To create your motivation SOS plan:
- Open Noom and tap the Create your motivation SOS plan article under the Today’s Course section.
- Answer all of the quiz questions.
- Select whether you want to receive a text message, email, or no notifications.
- Enter a valid phone number if you chose the option to receive text messages. Otherwise, enter a valid email address and a subject line for the email address if you chose the option to receive emails.
Changing Your SOS Plan
To change your SOS plan or the subject line on your SOS message, you’ll need to go back to the beginning of the program and complete the Create your motivation SOS plan article again.
To do this:
- Use the arrows on the calendar at the top of your home screen to navigate through the previous days in your program. To go back, just tap the left arrow to scroll through the calendar until you get to the date you’re looking for.
- Continue scrolling until you get back to Day 2 of the program.
- Once you’re on the correct day, you can find the articles for that day under the Today’s Course section.
- On Day 2, you should see the SOS message creation task again.
- Tap Create your motivation SOS plan.
- Answer all the questions again and make your changes.
To make this process easier in the future, we suggest bookmarking the article so you’ll find it much quicker next time and won’t have to scroll all the way through your articles again.
Bookmarking an Article:
To bookmark an article, you’ll locate the article you want to bookmark and then tap the bookmark icon in the top right corner. You’ll know the article has been saved when the bookmark icon is colored in.
Stopping SOS Plan Messages
To stop the text messages for your SOS plan alerts, reply STOP to the text message and you won’t receive any further text messages going forward.
To stop the email messages for your SOS plan alerts, scroll back through the program to Day 2, complete the Create your motivation SOS plan article again, and select the option that says Do nothing.
If you want to sign back up for SOS plan alerts again in the future or want to change to email/text instead, simply scroll back through the program to Day 2 and complete the Create your motivation SOS plan article again.
Not Receiving SOS Plan Messages
If you’re not receiving SOS plan messages, it could be that:
- You didn’t complete the Create your motivation SOS plan article.
- You completed the article but chose the option to Do nothing so messages won’t get sent.
- There was a typo in the phone number or email address entered.
To remedy this, scroll back through the program to Day 2 and complete the Create your motivation SOS plan article again.