If you encounter no results when searching for a food item in Noom’s food database, you can add the food to your personal food database. To do so, please do the following:
- Tap Log your meals
- Select the meal type (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack)
- Enter the name of the food if using the search bar or scan the barcode of the food if using the barcode scanner.
- Tap Can’t find it? Let’s add it! if you used the search bar or Yes, let’s add it! if you used the barcode scanner.
- Tap Calories and enter the calories for the food. You don’t have to log the calories if you don’t have the calorie info available.
- Tap Log in the top right corner.
- You may see a pop-up window asking if you want to provide additional details to improve the food logging experience. If you’d like to provide this info, tap Yes, fill out any additional info you have, and tap Save in the top right corner. Otherwise, tap Skip to bypass this step.
- Tap Done in the top right corner
- Tap Done again. You must tap the Done button a second time or the item won’t be added to your database and you’ll have to enter it all over again.
Please note that the item will only be added to your personal database on your device. If you enter additional nutrition info like fat, sugar, etc., those stats won’t be visible in your log and only the calories will count. Your new entry will get passed along to our food database team for review — but please keep in mind that it won’t be immediately added to our database. In the meantime, you’ll still be able to quickly add the item again by using the food search.