Author: Alena Mokrzycki
In the context of improving your overall health, focusing on your nutrition is an important component!
A Paleo diet focuses on unprocessed foods. This includes meat, fish, eggs, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and natural oils. As a result, processed and packaged foods are avoided with this diet. Grains, dairy, refined sugars, and vegetable oils are a few examples of processed and packaged foods that people would try to avoid if they decided to incorporate a Paleo diet. This resource explores the spectrum of processed foods, going from minimally-processed to highly-processed, and it could be valuable to read to get a better understanding.
If after learning more about the Paleo diet, you are interested in incorporating this into your health journey, that’s great! It can often be helpful to start out by focusing on one meal, so you can pace yourself as you make a change to your current diet. This blog focuses on Paleo breakfast options, so feel free to review the ideas and see which ones you would like to try out first!
5 Paleo Breakfast ideas
Paleo pancakes and waffles
- Classic Banana Pancakes – This is a more nutritious version of the classic breakfast item. You can select your toppings, such as natural maple syrup, and maybe even pair this with some fruit.
- Almond Butter Blueberry Paleo Waffles – Similar to the above recipe, you can select your toppings and anything else you want to serve alongside it, and you’re all set!
- Chocolate Coconut Granola – This (grain-free) recipe is a great option for breakfast, and it can also be used as a snack throughout the day!
- Raspberry Grapefruit Smoothie – If you are in the mood for a smoothie, this could be worth a try!
- Sausage Frittata – By substituting the cheese (found in a traditional frittata) for shredded sweet potato, this recipe makes this option Paleo-friendly.
To start improving your health, sign up for your Noom trial today!
Related Blog Posts at Noom: Processed Food & Diets