- Good news—you don’t have to give up dessert to lose weight!
- Moderation is key when satisfying your sweet tooth.
- There are many healthy dessert recipes for weight loss, from puddings to frozen treats.
Losing weight doesn’t mean giving up your favorite foods—and that includes sweets.
As it turns out, you can have your cake and eat it, too (in moderation, of course). And there are plenty of ways to put a healthy spin on your favorite sweet treats without sacrificing flavor.
So we’ve rounded up 60 healthy desserts for weight loss that will satisfy any sweet tooth, no matter what you’re in the mood for.
Note: Consult with your healthcare provider before making dietary changes.
Ready to make a lasting change?
A healthier you, wherever you are.
But first, how can you satisfy your sweet tooth when losing weight?
Contrary to popular belief, it’s entirely possible to eat dessert as you work toward your weight loss goal. In fact, we encourage it—in moderation.
You see, giving up sweets entirely is unrealistic. The more you restrict yourself, the more likely you are to give up and overindulge eventually—which may undo your hard-earned progress.
And you don’t really need to eliminate sweet treats from your diet anyway. You just need to focus on caloric density when making your food choices throughout the day—including dessert.
Foods with low-calorie density—like fresh fruits and veggies—contain few calories relative to their volume or weight. Meanwhile, foods with high-calorie density—such as many desserts—contain a large number of calories relative to their weight or volume.
So if you’re filling up on foods with low-caloric density during the day, you’ll likely have calories left to enjoy that delicious dessert from time to time. Just keep dessert portion sizes in mind, so you maintain that calorie deficit needed for weight loss.
How will you make dessert a worry-free and enjoyable part of your weight loss journey?
Planning is key. If you’re worried you’ll go over your calorie goal by eating dessert, try pre-portioning desserts into smaller portions. That way, you’re less likely to overeat.
And above all, give yourself a break! It’s not the end of the world if you eat a slice of chocolate cake. Weight loss is a long game.
Baked dessert recipes for weight loss
If baked goods are your go-to when it’s time for dessert, we have some scrumptious options for you. And these healthy desserts for weight loss won’t break the calorie bank.
Whether you’re a pie person or a cheesecake connoisseur, there’s something for everyone.
1. The ultimate healthy apple crumble from Amy’s Healthy Baking (116 calories per serving)
2. Berry crisp from Wellness Mama (238 calories per serving)
3. Four-ingredient vegan peanut butter cookies from The Vegan 8 (139 calories per serving)
4. Healthy key lime cheesecake from Desserts With Benefits (210 calories per serving)
5. Almond flour banana bread from Live Simply (225 calories per serving)
6. Made-over deep dish brownies from Food Network (158 calories per serving)
7. Cinnamon baked apples from Allrecipes (147 calories per serving)
8. Healthier pumpkin spice cookies from This Healthy Table (118 calories per serving)
9. Blueberry cheesecake bars with Greek yogurt from Fit Foodie Finds (218 calories per serving)
10. Lemon tart from BBC Good Food (186 calories per serving)
Chocolate dessert recipes for weight loss
There’s no need to bid adieu to your favorite chocolatey treats. These healthy desserts for weight loss will satisfy your chocolate cravings, without taking you over your daily calorie goal.
11. Two-ingredient dark chocolate truffles from Minimalist Baker (89 calories per serving)
12. Malted chocolate pudding cake from Food Network (203 calories per serving)
13. Pomegranate dark chocolate bites from This Healthy Table (98 calories per serving)
14. Chocolate muffins from EatingWell (253 calories per serving)
15. Avocado chocolate mousse from Chocolate Covered Katie (146 calories per serving)
16. Healthier peanut butter cups from This Healthy Table (125 calories per serving)
17. Chewy double chocolate chip cookies from Ambitious Kitchen (180 calories per serving)
18. Black bean fudge cakes from Clean Eating (199 calories per serving)
19. Bourbon-brownie petit fours from Better Homes & Gardens (157 calories per serving)
20. Easy almond chocolate fudge from Wholesomelicious (157 calories per serving)
Frozen dessert recipes for weight loss
Looking for a more refreshing sweet treat that will help you beat the heat? Here are some easy frozen low-calorie desserts. (No ice cream maker necessary.)
21. Peanut butter cup fudgesicles from Dashing Dish (50 calories per serving)
22. Healthy chocolate
23. One-ingredient banana ice cream from Kitchn (61 calories per serving)
24. Berry yogurt popsicles from Muy Delish (36 calories per serving)
25. Mini ice cream sandwiches from Food Network (220 calories per serving)
26. Old-fashioned vanilla ice pops from Allrecipes (59 calories per serving)
27. Blueberry basil coconut milk popsicles from This Healthy Table (115 calories per serving)
28. Double-chocolate fudge pops from Clean Eating (121 calories per serving)
29. Dessert pizza with banana ice cream from Better Homes & Gardens (111 calories per serving)
30. Grapefruit granita from Everyday Health (71 calories per serving)
Ready to make a lasting change?
A healthier you, wherever you are.
No-bake dessert recipes for weight loss
Don’t feel like starting the oven or making a mess in the kitchen? No problem!
These healthy desserts for weight loss are all no-bake sweets. And yes, that’s just what it sounds like—no baking required.
31. Healthy no-bake chocolate-peanut butter bars from Food Network (250 calories per serving)
32. No-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies from A Couple Cooks (143 calories per serving)
33. Fresh no-bake fruit pie from Allrecipes (232 calories per serving)
34. No-bake superfood brownies from Ambitious Kitchen (288 calories per serving)
35. Walnut butter fruit bites from Better Homes & Gardens (71 calories per serving)
36. No-bake berry cheesecake bars from EatingWell (245 calories per serving)
37. Rainbow fruit skewers from BBC Good Food (59 calories per serving)
38. No-bake healthy chocolate chip blondies from Laura Fuentes (159 calories per serving)
39. Six-ingredient healthy key lime pie bars from iFoodReal (130 calories per serving)
40. Classic crispy rice treats from Food Network (247 calories per serving)
Pudding dessert recipes for weight loss
We know what you’re thinking: “Now bring us some healthy pudding, now bring us some healthy pudding….”
We have good news—you have options. Some are more traditional, while others take a modern approach.
41. Vegan rice pudding from Fit Foodie Finds (224 calories per serving)
42. Blueberry bread and rice pudding with orange caramel sauce from Food Network (282 calories per serving)
43. Chocolate chia pudding from BBC Good Food (130 calories per serving)
44. Healthy chocolate pudding from A Couple Cooks (198 calories per serving)
45. Air-fryer coconut-mango bread pudding from EatingWell (285 calories per serving)
46. Almond strawberry chia seed pudding from Allrecipes (209 calories per serving)
47. A bit healthier banana pudding from The Country Cook (280 calories per serving)
48. Sugar-free vanilla pudding from Chocolate Covered Katie (41 calories per serving)
49. One-minute cheesecake yogurt pudding from The Baking ChocolaTess (238 calories per serving)
50. Protein pudding from Chocolate Covered Katie (150 calories per serving)
On-the-go healthy desserts for weight loss
Everyone has time for dessert, even if they’re on the go. And we’ve gathered a few healthy dessert ideas that allow you to indulge—no matter where you are.
51. Peanut butter oatmeal bars from A Couple Cooks (184 calories per serving)
52. Carrot cake energy bites from EatingWell (48 calories per serving)
53. High-fiber chocolate bites from Laura Fuentes (80 calories per serving)
54. Pretzel turtles from Allrecipes (82 calories per serving)
55. Homemade oven-dried strawberries from EatingWell (46 calories per serving)
56. Homemade Grab the Gold bars from Laura Fuentes (257 calories per serving)
57. Healthy no-bake protein cookies from iFoodReal (168 calories per serving)
58. Aniseed-almond meringues from Bon Appétit (170 calories per serving)
59. Easy pumpkin turnovers from Allrecipes (165 calories per serving)
60. Cinnamon maple caramel popcorn from Cookie and Kate (270 calories per serving)
Find more healthy recipes for weight loss
Want some healthy recipes for other meals, too? We’ve got you covered.
Check out our posts full of ideas for breakfast, lunch, and snack time for inspiration next time you’re in the kitchen.
With these recipes, meal times are something to look forward to each day.