We’re conducting routine maintenance for the next few hours, which may prevent you from signing up for Noom or accessing your Subscription Portal, If you still encounter difficulties, you can chat with us using the orange Chat button in the bottom right corner of your screen or you can send us a request so we can assist further.

Ready for a change? Learn More

Navigating a Better Thanksgiving Feast: Expert Tips from Noom Coaches

by | Nov 21, 2023 | Last updated Dec 21, 2023

Big feast days are coming and many of us eagerly anticipate the joy of Thanksgiving: a time for family, gratitude, and of course, delicious food. But for those on a journey towards better health, the abundance of tempting treats can pose a challenge. Fear not! Noom coaches are here to offer guidance on how to enjoy the holiday without compromising your health goals. Let’s delve into some insightful tips and strategies from nutrition experts, Coach Danielle and Coach Erika.

No Foods Are Off Limits

Coach Erika emphasizes that no foods are off limits, except for those you are allergic to or are spoiled. The key is mindful eating and moderation. Enjoy the foods you love, but do so in a balanced and conscious manner.

Mindful Eating Techniques

Focus on the joy of spending time with loved ones. Coach Erika suggests finding a “go-to” mindful eating tip before the holiday. Her personal favorite is taking a drink of water between each bite, promoting a slower, more intentional approach to eating. Slowing down enough to stay present in the moment, even during festive gatherings, can bring control and mindfulness to your eating experiences.

Let’s Get to The Feasting

When serving appetizers and snacks, Coach Erika advises sticking to one small appetizer plate and opting for green foods when possible. This visual cue helps fill the stomach while maintaining moderation. Create a small plate with your chosen snacks, then move away to avoid constant temptation.

Loading up on veggies and proteins first helps you stay fuller longer. Plan your plate with attention to how veggies, proteins, and grains are proportioned to create a satisfying and balanced meal.

If you indulge more than planned, simply say “Oh, well” and resume your healthy habits with the next meal. Eliminate this all-or-nothing thinking! Coach Danielle suggests setting aside favorite holiday foods to enjoy later, rather than feeling the need to consume them all in one sitting. 

Mental Strategies to Enjoy a Better Holiday

Coach Danielle offers a perspective shift, reminding us that one day represents only 0.27% of the entire year. Choose to enjoy the moment, and then refocus on the other 99.73%.

This Thanksgiving, empowered with these tips from Noom coaches, you can savor the holiday without compromising your health and wellness goals. Remember, moderation and mindfulness are the keys to enjoying the festivities while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Happy Thanksgiving!