It’s time to play a game of 52 pick-up!
Here are the rules:
1. Suits represent exercises.
- Hearts are for tuck jumps.
- Spades are for squat jumps.
- Diamonds are for jumping jacks.
- Clubs are burpees.
2. Numbered cards represent reps.
2 is 2 reps, 3 is 3 reps, 4 is 4 reps, … you get the point!
3. Face cards represent time.
- Jack = 20 seconds.
- Queen = 40 seconds.
- King = 60 seconds.
4. Ace card tests your limits
- Complete as many reps of the exercise you as you can without stopping.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Split your deck into 4 piles, 1 for each suit.
- Place each pile in 4 corners of your favorite workout space (a gym, your basement, the park) at least 10-20 steps apart.
- Spread each pile out with the cards facing down.
Here’s how to get ‘er done:
- Start at any pile and pick up your first card. If you grab a 6 of hearts, do 6 tuck jumps.
- Once you finish one exercise, place the card off to side, walk to the next pile and pick up your next card. Do the exercise, place the card off to the side, and continue to the next station.
- Keep going through the circuit until you’ve completed the 52 pick up!
How long did this circuit take you? Next time, challenge yourself to beat your time!
What workouts you want to see next in our BYOW series? Let us know in the comments below.