How much does Noom cost (and what do you get)?
You’re interested in trying Noom for weight loss, but want to know how much it costs and what you get. Well, you’re in the right place.
Read on to learn how much Noom costs and what it provides.
Most Noom Weight users start with a 4-month subscription, which comes out to $42.25 per month (billed upfront as a 4-month auto-renewing plan at $169).
Noom’s subscription plans are currently:
- Monthly auto-renewing plan $70 USD
- 2 month auto-renewing plan $129 USD
- 3 month auto-renewing plan $159 USD
- 4 month auto-renewing plan $169 USD
- 5 month auto-renewing plan $174 USD
- 6 month auto-renewing plan $179 USD
- 7 month auto-renewing plan $184 USD
- 8 month auto-renewing plan $189 USD
- 9 month auto-renewing plan $195 USD
- 10 month auto-renewing plan $199 USD
- 11 month auto-renewing plan $205 USD
- Annual auto-renewing plan $209 USD
Noom Weight plans aren’t free, but we’re proud to say they cost roughly the same (or less) than most wellness investments—like an annual gym membership or a pair of nice running shoes.
To sign up for a plan, Noomers typically start by answering questions on our website about your current weight, your goal weight, and your experience with dieting and weight loss.
It takes about 15 minutes.
Then you’ll receive a customized plan (usually for around 16 weeks, but it can be more or less depending on your goal) with a suggested calorie range for each day.
You’ll see your weight loss mapped out over that time, based on the sustainable (and evidence-based) pace of one to two pounds per week.
This is Chapter 3 of Noom's Guide to the Noom Weight Program:
Is Noom free?
Noom Weight has a trial period of 7 or 14 days.
It costs us approximately $10 to offer a 7-day trial, so when you start out, we give you the option of choosing a price for your trial that you think is reasonable.
For example, some options to choose for a 7-day trial might include $0.50, $3, $10, or $18, among others.
Many people decide to pay for a trial. This helps us support those who need to select a lower trial price.
During a Noom trial, you can use nearly all the features available to paid subscribers, including:
- Daily lessons rooted in nutrition, psychology, and behavioral science.
- Interactive challenges to help you maintain healthy habits.
- An SOS plan to help you stay with the program.
- Timed affirmations during your experience to keep up your spirits.
- Noom Guides and other experts who provide encouragement and give you practical tips and tricks for meeting your health goals.
- A supportive community of people who are on similar health journeys.
- A comprehensive food logging system, with statistics tracking your food habits.
- Exercise logging.
- Tools for tracking weight, water intake, glucose levels, and blood pressure.
- Recipes and weekly meal planning.
After your trial ends, you will be charged for whatever subscription you’ve selected.
What do you get with Noom?
Noomers have told us that Noom Weight can feel like getting a weight-loss coach, nutrition coach, and behavioral health specialist all rolled into one.
Because our comprehensive weight-loss program focuses on more than just food.
We use a psychology-based approach that includes mini-lessons, coaching, food-tracking tools, and other techniques—helping you change your behaviors around food for the long term.
Read on to see some key features you’ll get with your subscription.
Daily lessons rooted in behavioral science
You know that eating healthy and exercising are important.
But if you’re like most people, you probably don’t know why you eat the way you do.
What made you reach for that cookie after your team meeting? Why do you eat more in front of the TV?
That’s what you’ll unlock with Noom Weight.
You start every day with 5 to 15 minutes of quick, digestible, psychology-focused lessons. They’ll help you identify your eating motivations and build sustainable habits.
These Daily Lessons don’t just focus on food—they also cover sleep, stress management, and self-care.
If any one of these factors is out of balance, the whole system suffers, which is why weight loss requires a holistic approach.
Like everything we do at Noom, the lessons are backed by science.
Daily Lessons incorporate techniques like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and theories of stress management.
They are designed to help people reframe their thoughts and successfully change their habits.
A food logging system to help you stay on track
Diets often fail because they completely cut out specific foods or food groups—like bread or carbohydrates. Or they simply tell you to lower your daily calorie intake but don’t explain how.
We created a system that breaks all foods down into orange, yellow, and green categories based on their caloric density (CD). Foods with low-calorie density are filling but still low in calories.
By entering everything you eat in the Noom Weight app’s food logger, you’ll get to know which foods keep you feeling full while staying within your calorie range.
Plus, research has shown that the more consistently you track what you eat, the likelier you are to lose weight.
Remember, with Noom Weight, no food is off limits. Our color-coded system lets you balance your favorite treats with equally satisfying, nutritious foods.
Coaching and community
With a Noom Weight subscription, you receive access to Noom Guides and coaches who will give you encouragement and tips as you progress on your journey.
Trained in the science behind behavior change, our coaches can help you identify your goals and stick to them.
Your coach will check in with you every week—or more frequently, if you prefer—for an update on your progress and help you continue building on your healthy habits.
Got a question about food tracking? Did one of your favorite trigger foods get the best of you? Need some healthy snack ideas?
Message your coach 24/7 through the Noom Weight app. Your coach is there to recognize successes and help you work through any roadblocks you encounter.
Along with our experts, with Noom you also gain access to a weight loss community of others who are on similar health journeys.
We have found that Noomers often learn the most from others who have been through the program.
Whenever you’re ready, you can incorporate exercise into your routine.
If you’re new to fitness, you’ll start with 200 steps a day (the Noom Weight app includes a pedometer) and build up to more as your confidence rises.
You can sync Noom with your Apple Watch, Fitbit, or Garmin. It’s also compatible with iHealth, Misfit, OMRON, Polar, Qardio, Runkeeper, Withings, and YOO.
Tracking tools for weight, water intake, glucose levels, and blood pressure
Like to stay on top of what’s going on with your body? You can do it all through the Noom Weight app.
Recipes and weekly meal planning
The Noom Weight recipe database has over 1,000 recipes that you can choose from based on how “green” they are and how they fit in your calorie range.
Our recipe tracker automatically logs the total calories per serving (rather than you manually logging each ingredient).
Noom monthly costs
A lot of Noomers ask us:
Can you pay for Noom on a monthly basis?
Currently, all plans are billed upfront.
But if you average them out, our plans come out to approximately:
- $17.50 per month (for an annual plan billed upfront as $209)
- $18.75 per month (for an 11-month plan billed upfront as $205)
- $19.90 per month (for an 10-month plan billed upfront as $199)
- $21.75 per month (for an 9-month plan billed upfront as $195)
- $23.75 per month (for an 8-month plan billed upfront as $189)
- $26.50 per month (for an 7-month plan billed upfront as $184)
- $30.00 per month (for an 6-month plan billed upfront as $179)
- $34.80 per month (for an 5-month plan billed upfront as $174)
- $42.25 per month (for an 4-month plan billed upfront as $169)
- $53.00 per month (for an 3-month plan billed upfront as $159)
- $64.50 per month (for an 2-month plan billed upfront as $129)
- $70 per month (for a month-to-month plan)
All of our plans are auto-renewing. But you can cancel them at any time.
Get started with Noom Weight
If you want to feel more in charge of your food choices and understand how to get the most meaningful results, Noom Weight is the investment for you.