At Noom, our mission is to help people live healthier lives through behavior change. Since the very beginning, we have always been a consumer-first organization focused on empowering our users to take control of their health. Continuously earning and keeping the trust of our customers – both over the long term and in every interaction we have – is key to achieving our mission and better serving our Noomers.
Today, a proposed settlement was made public to resolve a lawsuit that was filed against Noom in 2020 around some of our auto-renewal practices. While we disagree with the claims made in the suit, we believe the settlement is the best path forward as it allows us to focus our energy on delivering the best possible health outcomes for our Noomers.
As a consumer-first health company, the standards we set for ourselves and the Noom user experience are high. We continually push ourselves to do better, especially as we grow in scale and complexity. With that commitment in mind, over the last 18 months, we have scaled our investment in customer experience by:
- Making cancellation even easier with a 100% self-service option in the Noom app and via the Noom website
- Introducing new ways to make it easier to engage with our support team, including the addition of phone and chat-based support, and maintaining best-in-class timely service levels across channels
- Significantly increasing the size of our support team to better serve our growing customer base across multiple formats and time zones
- Making subscription details even clearer and more readily available for Noomers to refer back to in your account portal
- Simplifying pricing and making it even clearer, before you sign up, when and how your Noom subscription will be charged and renewed
These improvements not only directly enhance the Noom experience for our customers but also represent how seriously we take earning and maintaining your trust. We see this moment as an opportunity to deepen our commitment to acting upon our customer’s feedback, as well as improving upon and upholding our high standards.
Continual self-improvement is core to both our business and our product, and these won’t be the last changes you see us make. Feedback from our Noomers is crucial in that evolution. If you have feedback on how we can better serve you and the Noom community please email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to do our part in helping to build a healthier world for all, with consumers at the center.
Thank you for your ongoing support,
Saeju & Artem, Noom co-founders
If you need help with your account, please reach out to our Support team at https://www.noom.com/support/contact-support/.