Creating a Custom Dish
While the process differs a bit from iOS, we do have a way to create and log custom dishes on Android. One of the steps requires you to manually add up the calories of the ingredients in your dish. We recommend that you search for the individual ingredients in the app, write down the total calories per ingredient, and calculate the calories per serving before you continue with the steps below.
To add your own delicious recipes, please do the following:
- From the Noom home screen, tap the Log your meals task card.
- Select your meal type (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack).
- Enter the name of your dish.
- Scroll to the bottom of the food list and tap + Can’t find it? Let’s add it!
- Tap Calories if you have any.
- Add up all the calories used in your dish and then determine how many calories are in each serving.
- Enter the calories once you’ve determined the calories in the serving you ate.
- Tap Log.
- Tap Skip on the pop-up asking you to add more details.
- Tap Done in the top right corner and you’ll see the name of your dish.
- Tap the name of your dish, change the unit to Servings, and the serving size should default to 1 (leave it as 1 serving).
- Tap the checkmark to save it.
- You’ll now see your recipe again with the number of calories per serving (ignore the Need more details message below the name of the dish).
- Tap Done again you’ll get the summary of your calorie budget.
- Tap More in the top left corner.
- Tap Add to Saved Meals.
- Enter a nickname for the meal, which can be anything you want or you can reuse the original name you created for your dish.
- Tap Save.
- Tap Close.
The good news is that you only have to do this once for each new dish. To quickly add the dish again in the future, just go to Log your meals, select the meal type, tap the steaming pot icon in the middle, and tap the name of the dish.
Please note that it’s normal that it only records the calories, so you won’t see a green, yellow, or orange food color on your dish or any analysis. However, it will deduct from your overall calorie budget accurately as long as you calculated your calories correctly in step 6.
Viewing, Editing, and Deleting a Custom Dish
To view or delete your custom dishes:
- Open Noom and tap the Log your meals task card.
- Select the meal type (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack).
- Tap the steaming pot icon.
- All of your custom dishes will appear on the next screen.
- Tap the custom dish you want to delete, tap Delete, and tap Delete on the pop-up window to confirm.
Please note that you won’t be able to edit the dish or see the individual ingredients in the custom dish but you can see how many calories are in the dish by tapping the down arrow to the right of the dish name. You can also create a new dish if needed.