This is a remote per diem position and a great opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to gain coaching experience at a fast-paced startup. You must be available on an as-needed basis for at least one full day (8-hour shift), either on the weekday or during the weekend, each month. This position pays US $15/hour.
Noom, Inc. is a mobile solutions company focused on preventative health. Noom's research-backed products help people achieve real, positive outcomes. Noom's apps boast more than 40 million installs worldwide and its flagship app, Noom Coach for Android, has been the #1 top grossing Health and Fitness App since 2012 in the Google Play Store. Noom has offices in New York City, Seoul and Tokyo. We were also the first fully digital provider of the National Diabetes Prevention Program to achieve full program recognition from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We have many wellness products in our portfolio- we will continue to evolve the current ones as well as launch totally new ones, so expect to be constantly challenged! Our team of Health Coaches are heavily involved in rapid prototyping and experimenting with new, cutting-edge coaching designs and methodologies. Expect to work in a fast paced environment with constant new projects to tackle. Expect to hear from thousands of people whose lives you changed. You are the face of Noom and sit at the intersection between technology, behavior change, and our users. You'll work closely with our users every step of their journey, helping them identify goals that will allow them to realize positive and sustainable health goals. Sounds like fun? Read on.
What you'll do:
- Work on our coverage team (like a substitute teacher) to ensure the team is adequately staffed at all times.
- Provide virtual 1:1 coaching to users working to develop new health habits.
- Work with virtual groups of people to prevent or manage chronic conditions by facilitating healthful lifestyle modifications
- Pilot experimental coaching protocols and techniques as a part of a test-driven environment
- Help pioneer innovative ways to merge behavior change with technology
- Motivate, guide, and help our users navigate through their programs and meet their wellness goals successfully
Who you are:
- You have received, or are in the process of receiving a Bachelor’s degree or higher, or have 2000 hours of related wellness experience (sports medicine, nutrition, psychology personal coaching, etc.)
- You thrive in a fast-paced and occasionally hectic environment.
- You are very tech-savvy, and are excited by fast-paced change and creative problem solving
- You are EXTREMELY organized and are a self-starter
- You love guiding people to reach their goals
- You are passionate about health and wellness
- You love understanding people-- using qualitative and quantitative means
- Background in psychology and/or nutrition is a plus.
- Behavioral health science students welcome! This is a great part-time opportunity to supplement your studies.
For U.S. residents: you must be authorized to work in the US. This is a 3-month remote contract position, with the opportunity for conversion.
For German residents: this is a remote freelance contract position.