“I’m giving up carbohydrates!”
“I’m going to go to the gym 7 days a week.”
“I’m not going to have any alcohol this month.”
While these types of health resolutions are common, they are also the types of resolutions that tend to last only a few days.
At Noom, we believe that small steps lead to big changes. We also believe that our health is determined by more than the food we eat or how much we move our body. Being “healthy” is also about getting good sleep, learning to handle stress and balance our responsibilities, and maintaining healthy relationships with ourselves and others. Being “healthy” is about all the little things that influence our health and well-being.
Here are 20 small steps that you can take today to be on a path towards a healthier you.
- Skip snooze: Instead of hitting your snooze button several times, get up at the first sound of an alarm.
- Limber up: Right when you get out of bed, take 2-3 minutes to stretch your muscles.
- Energize: Jumpstart your day with a big glass of lemon water.
- Fuel: Start your day with a healthy breakfast to set a good tone for the day.
- Dress up: Wear an outfit you feel confident in.
- Love: Hug a family member or friend.
- Organize: Rid yourself of mental clutter and get your to-do list out on paper.
- Keep calm: Leave for work 5 minutes earlier to get there with time to spare.
- Hydrate: Always keep a glass of water by your desk, table, or nightstand.
- Get fresh air: Dedicate 10-15 minutes of your lunch break to go for a walk outside.
- Go green: Grab a fruit or vegetable for an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Stand up: Every hour, stand up, stretch your legs, and walk around.
- Cook: Make your dinner at home instead of picking up takeout.
- Be mindful: Eat your dinner at a table without distractions.
- Prepare: Make your lunch for work the night before.
- Connect: Call a family member or friend to catch up or simply talk about your day.
- Disconnect: Turn off your cellphone, computer, and television 30 minutes before going to bed.
- Relax: Take a warm shower before bed.
- Breathe: Before getting into bed, take 5 minutes to close your eyes and focus on your breath.
- Be grateful: Write down one thing in your life that you are thankful for — a person, an opportunity, a personal attribute, or anything else you appreciate.
What are you going to do to take a step towards a healthier you today?
Learn more ways to start making healthy changes today!