We’re really excited to announce that we’ve just released a big new update: CardioTrainer v2.5! There are some really important new features and fixes included with this version, so read below for some more details and make sure to check out the Market to get the update. If you’re using CardioTrainer for the first time, you’ve got a lot to look forward to, and you can check out our About CardioTrainer page for more information.
Weight Loss for CardioTrainer improvements:
In this update, we are particularly excited about the improvements to one of our premium features, Weight Loss for CardioTrainer. We’ve added the two most requested features as well as some extras to make it even easier to stay on track with your weight loss goals, and make the exercise a little more fun.
(1) Edit weight loss plans. Before now, you would have to reset your weight loss plan and lose all of your progress if you wanted to make any changes. Now, you can make these changes on the fly and Weight Loss will automatically update your plan accordingly, no reset necessary
(2) Weight loss graph. Getting a visual overview of your progress is really motivating. With the new weight loss graph, you can see your weight over time at a glance for a sense of how well you’re doing. Losing weight is a full-time commitment, and we think that the graph is an important tool to help you stay focused.
(3) Healthy food calorie counts. After you complete a workout, you’ll now see your calories burned in terms of healthy foods. We’re also hoping that this will help you get a sense of how many calories are in foods you eat regularly, and make healthier food choices throughout the day.
(4) UI update. We’ve also updated the user interface to be more consistent with the rest of the CardioTrainer application.
If you want to try out Weight Loss for CardioTrainer, click on the “Lose Weight” button on the CardioTrainer home screen to start your free 7-day trial. Once the trial is up, you can decide to purchase the feature for $2.99 and keep using it. Check out the screenshots, and click to see full-size:
This update includes a huge new feature for the core CardioTrainer experience — exercise scheduling — along with some other important additions and bug fixes.
(1) Exercise schedule. Right on the home screen, you’ll now see the new schedule interface that lets you plan your weekly exercise routine and get reminders when you have an upcoming workout. It’s been proven that setting up a schedule helps you stay on track with your exercise routine, and now CardioTrainer lets you schedule workouts and reminders. You’ll even see your weekly exercise schedule in the notifications panel every time you get a reminder.
We are very excited about this feature, and really think it’s going to be an essential part of how CardioTrainer helps you stay active throughout the entire week.
(2) Updated “workout complete” dialogue. When you finish your workout, you’ll see a much nicer dialogue box to either save or discard the track, with a quick view of how many calories were burned (you’ll need to have Weight Loss for CardioTrainer installed to see the calorie counts in terms of healthy food).
(3) Elevation in calorie calculations. CardioTrainer now calculates your calorie burn based on elevation changes so that you’ll finally get credit for all of those hills you’re climbing.
(4) Droid X bug fixes. This version also includes a fix for Droid X hang issues. A lot of users have reported that the program would hang after running for some time, and we examined the problem closely and found out that it has to do with a inconsistent bug in how Droid X plays sound files, which causes our Voice Notification to hang. Since this is a core Droid X bug, our best course of action is to restart the program in this case, while safely restoring your workout. This is exactly what we do now, and we are working with Motorola on a more permanent fix.
(5) Other bug fixes and small features. We’ve also fixed some display issues for the HTC Hero and Froyo users, added some new workout icons, and made some other smaller bug fixes.
We would love to hear your feedback, so please leave comments below or send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WorkSmart Labs family